Network Operations Center Lead
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Responsible for directing contractor's team in the performance of monitoring activities as well as maintenance of monitoring processes and standards for the NOC.
3. Develops and recommends options for reduction in costs, increase in overall efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Desktop Engineering and Application product support: HW/SW configuration, setup, installation, deployment and O&M.
5. Network Engineering support services; design, engineering, maintenance and troubleshooting.
6. Responsible for WAN technical refresh activities, network and voice equipment at customer sites.
7. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
8. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
9. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
10. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
11. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
12. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
13. May have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. Solarwinds or Netcool Certification required.
5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE:
The individual must have 5 years of Solarwinds and Netcool implementation experience. In addition, OCC requires development experience that allows him/her to direct the contractor's team in the performance of monitoring activities as well as the maintenance of monitoring processes and standards for the NOC. Experience leading teams of staff responsible for network monitoring.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.