- Holds a Master’s Degree and/or post-graduate professional certificate with an endorsement in school social work or other related field such as psychology, mental health counseling, or school counseling or school administration from an accredited college or university; holds or is eligible for Virginia Certification in pupil personnel services, school counseling or related certification.
- Has a minimum of five years of successful educational experience to include experience as a school social worker, mental health counselor, school psychologist, school counselor or school administrator.
- Possesses leadership qualities and professional characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, school personnel, parents and members of the community.
- Has extensive knowledge and experience working with children, adolescents, and families with severe and persistent medical and/or mental health needs, and understands how these needs can impact academic and social-emotional functioning.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and proficiency skills in oral and written communication, strong computer skills, effective time management and attention to detail.
The Homebound Counselor promotes students’ academic and social emotional success and enhances the overall academic mission of Loudoun County Public Schools by providing Homebound consultation and support services to Homebound students and their families.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors Homebound students enrolled in virtual courses, compiles relevant data and submits attendance, grades, and other relevant information to appropriate school personnel.
- Assists the Coordinator, Homebound Instruction Services, in the recruitment of Virginia certified Homebound Instructors.
- Assists school Homebound contacts in matching Homebound instructors with Homebound students based on individualized student needs, geographic location, etc.
- Assists the Coordinator, Homebound Instruction Services, in collaborating with community physicians and psychiatrists to determine the appropriateness of Homebound referrals.
- Assists the Coordinator, Homebound Instruction Services, in serving as an LCPS Homebound representative for students with extensive medical and/or complex mental health needs during transition planning meetings.
- Provides consultation and support to parents, school counselors, administrators, and community health/medical providers.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator, Homebound Instruction Services, in training school-based administrators and unified mental health team members on the homebound process and effectively transitioning students to the school setting from homebound instruction settings to include inpatient medical or psychiatric hospitalizations.
- Performs other such duties as assigned.
The Homebound Counselor reports to the Coordinator, Homebound Instruction Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.APPLY TO:
Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
(Based on the 2016-2017 Salary Scale)
207 Day Position, 7.5 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -