Registered Nurse, RN Acupuncture Clinic, Joint Base Andrews
Outstanding Registered Nurse, RN Acupuncture Clinic Opportunity at Joint Base Andrews, MD
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Joint Base Andrews and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday - Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call! NO Holidays!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays! 5 Paid Family Days!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Will perform and assist with a variety of treatment procedures and monitoring of patients, to include electric stimulation, laser therapy, and traditional acupuncture treatments.
* Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits.
* Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
* Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
* Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
* Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
* Assesses patient needs telephonically.
* Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
* Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
* Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
* Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
* Makes referral appointments and arranges specialty care as appropriate.
* Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
* Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
* Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
* Ensures all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed. Ensures medication/ supplies are replenished.
* Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
* May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment.
* Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
* Will serve and participate in working groups, committees, functions, provide relevant and timely information to these groups, and assist with decision making and process improvements.
* Education: Have a BSN or ADN Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
* Licensure: Maintain a current and unrestricted license to practice nursing in any state.
* Experience : 1) Have minimum of 24 months of experience within the last 48 months in a primary care clinic setting. 2) Must have 6 months in the last 36 months with a variety of complementary and alternative medicine modalities, including Traditional Chinese Needle Acupuncture, Percutaneous Electro-Nerve Stimulation, Auriculo-Therapy, Micro-Current Therapy, Trans-Epidural Neuro-Stimulation Therapy, and the safe use of Laser Therapy
* Certification: Maintain a current BLS certification (American Heart Association — Healthcare Provider).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
* Other Required Experience & Knowledge: 1) Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing pediatric, adolescent, adults, obstetrics, and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. 2) Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan, as appropriate. 3) Knowledge of preventive health schedules, procedures, processes and education methods. 4) Knowledge of disease management and population health principles. 5) Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. 6) Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING :
* Usual duty schedule is an 8-hour shift between the hours of 0730 — 1630 Monday - Friday , to include an uncompensated one-hour lunch.
Company Description: Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com