1 day left
- Full Time
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decisionmakers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 300 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
Plans, coordinates, and administers the CSIS Customer Relationship Management System and Broadcast Email System. The CRM Manager will have the ability to shape CSIS’ CRM system Salesforce. Over the last 18 months, since the adoption of Salesforce by CSIS, we have expanded the use of our CRM to include many new processes. The CRM manager will be integral in maintaining the Salesforce CRM system, its integration with our Drupal based website, and the MailChimp broadcast mail system. Ensuring the center can improve on existing processes and provide efficiency to all our public outreach.
They will manage both our CRM and broadcast email system ensuring the accurate and effective use of data by maintaining the database structure, updating the documentation and operational guidelines for staff use. This position serves as a liaison between users and technical staff on mass email, CRM, and related matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
I. Administers CRM system;
II. Administer broadcast email system;
III. Performs audits to ensure accuracy and proper use of data in tables, application, and supporting dictionaries;
IV. Prepares and reviews activity and performance reports;
V. Prepares reports for CSIS decision makers of CSIS interaction with outside constituents using data from the CRM and email system;
VI. Develops and formulates standards and procedures for database and email use;
VII. Monitors utilization and transaction activity;
VIII. Creates standards to ensure the integrity of the data;
IX. Maintain a clean and valid set of contacts in the CRM;
X. Automate the cleanup and dedupe tasks on CRM as much as possible;
XI. Conducts Salesforce and MailChimp orientation and trainings to familiarize new users with the functionality of the system;
XII. Creates and maintains user accounts;
XIII. Assigns managers within each program for CRM and email management system;
XIV. Develops training manuals and help documents
XV. Responds to requests for assistance on all CRM-related inquires
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related field;
• 2-3 years of progressive experience working with CRM database(s);
• 1 year administering a CRM database;
• Salesforce Certification is strongly preferred;
• Working knowledge of Salesforce is required;
• Experience with MailChimp is helpful but not required;
• Additional use of SQL server, Access, Outlook, Word and general database applications;
• Strong analytical skills are emphasized;
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively with a range of individuals with diverse interests, backgrounds, dispositions, and staff levels;
• Ability to manage competing priorities and operate in a fast-paced environment;
• Must possess strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff;
• Must be responsive to user needs and inquires;
• Must be able to exercise autonomy in the position, as well as serve as a team player;
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.