Linux Systems Administrator- Polygraph
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a t echnical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
* Demonstrated work experience with the Red Hat Linux environment
* Experience with CentOS
* Experience with scripting for automation
* Experience with virtualization
* Experience with open-source monitoring tools such as Ganglia and Nagios
* Experience supporting an Agile enterprise software development environment
* Experience serving as technical team lead
* Provides guidance to less experienced Linux administrators
* Demonstrated job experience or training with AWS/C2S
* Experience with Puppet
* Experience with Red Hat Ansible
* Experience with Red Hat Satellite
* Experience with Foreman
* Experience with Windows Active Directory
10-15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE.