Hyperion Planning Senior Project Manager
The Sr. Hyperion Planning Senior Project Manager will serve as the overall lead and architect for a large Hyperion Planning implementation at General Dynamics. The role will supervise developers and analysts supporting Hyperion Planning and other related functions.
The primary responsibilities for this key and highly visible role include:
* Defining, leading and developing project tasks for Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) project implementations.
* Developing key business processes to support a Hyperion EPM application implementations.
* Supporting the Hyperion Infrastructure team with solution Architecture using Essbase/Planning databases, both ASO and BSO, for financial and operational data.
* Managing complex projects with multiple business owners.
* Collaborate with and support the team with the design of the user experience from an end user budgeting and reporting perspective.
* Working significantly with IT groups to deliver projects that span multiple technologies and connectivity to ensure integrity in final reporting deliverable.
* Understanding the business requirements and translating into a successful system solutions implementations.
* Working with business owners on reporting requirements and building/modifying reports and dashboards.
* Hands-on work with Hyperion Essbase, Planning, Financial Reporting, and SmartView to deliver value added solutions.
* Maintenance of Hyperion environment including mapping, consolidations, cache configuration, backups, patches, calc scripts, MDX, security, data loads, exports, and troubleshooting.
* Ability to create automations using combination of MAXL and LINUX scripts.
* Leading thorough testing of all development efforts. Ensure quality control in all aspects of development.
* Supporting migration of all tested code changes from different environments.
* Contributing to project strategy and partnering with team to create and improve methodologies and best practices.
* Recommending options or solutions that meet client’s needs and desired functionality.
* Investigating root causes to client and project issues and proposes effective solutions.
* Communicating how the engagement impacts risks, business objectives, and quality goals to guide the work of others including escalation as required.
* Analyzing work product progress, providing objective reporting of project status and identifying changes in scope.
* Defining the overall goals of an engagement and communicating goals to junior staff to guide their project work .
* Communicating and enhancing understanding of complex client issues by more junior staff.
* Ensuring proper relationships are established & maintained between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of Hyperion EPM projects.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
* Strong communications skills
* IT project and team leadership experience.
* 6-10 years of Hyperion Planning/Essbase experience.
* 2-5 years project management experience
* Strong knowledge of Essbase and Calc Scripts/Calc Manager.
* Oracle/Hyperion products certifications preferred
* Hands-on Smart View
* Relational reporting, SQL experience preferred
* Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts
* Strong ability to understand finance and accounting principles
* Experience with Oracle R12 a plus
* US Citizenship required
* Excellent written; oral; and interpersonal skills and ability to foster client relationships and working relationships with peers
* Excellent analytical and research skills
* Self-starter with ability to work on projects with minimum supervision while adding value to cross-functional teams.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.