ANNOUNCEMENT AMENDED: Please note that this AON has been extended for one week.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Multimedia Specialists design, produce, and finish interactive and static presentation products. They may use interactive authoring, illustration, image editing, graphic design, layout, scanning, digital video, and/or animation software to integrate graphics with text and audio. They apply user interface design principles to presentation products to create a positive user experience. Activities include importing and exporting data, archiving, electronic publishing, and creating and enhancing images.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated experience using the Adobe Suite (Master Collection or CC), including Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop, InDesign, Edge, Muse, Dreamweaver, or other web development applications to create Web and mobile enabled products and applications;
3. Demonstrated experience applying multi-browser and multi-platform development including the transformation of desktop data to mobile devices (iOS and/or Android);
4. Demonstrated experience conveying the results of quality assurance and visual communication techniques verbally and/or in written communications;
5. Ability to prioritize quickly and move forward confidently without having all the desired information. The applicant must have comfort with ambiguity and functioning productively when important information is not known.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: A. Education: Two-year degree in Commercial Art, Photography, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, or a related field. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education in any area listed in option A and experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. As a rule, every 30 semester (45 quarter) hours of college work is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals to 2 years.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Demonstrated experience applying audio editing software such as Adobe Soundbooth and Adobe Audition CS5.5;
2. Demonstrated experience applying video editing software, specifically Adobe Premiere, and After Effects to enhance web based products;
4. Demonstrated experience applying interactive development and animation software such as Adobe Flex and AS3, to create and maintain interactive compositions;
5. Demonstrated layout experience using Adobe InDesign to layout print and web products;
6. Demonstrated experience with color management and pre-press techniques.
- Direct Deposit Required
- Two Year Probationary Period
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Security Clearance Required
- Top Secret
- Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Polygraph Test Required
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
NGA utilizes all processes and procedures of the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Non-executive NGA employees are assigned to five distinct pay bands based on the type and scope of work performed. The employee's base salary is established within their assigned pay band based on their unique qualifications. A performance pay process is conducted each year to determine a potential base pay salary increase and/or bonus. An employee's annual performance evaluation is a key factor in the performance pay process. Promotions may be conducted during the annual pay for performance process or throughout the year via the Assignment Opportunity Notices (AON). Employees on term or temporary appointments are not eligible to apply for internal assignment opportunity notices.
This position is a DCIPS position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are an external applicant claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must self-identify your eligibility in our ERecruit application.
This position is funded by the National Intelligence Program (NIP)