Westat is seeking a Project Manager with a background in public education projects or education research to provide logistical and administrative support for a large special education technical assistance (TA) center. The Project Manager will directly support the efforts of the center's leadership team and will manage the day-to-day activities necessary for the successful completion of this complex center.
· Provide tactical management, administration, and leadership to the project team, to ensure that research projects proceed on time and within budget.
· Oversee the successful design, implementation, tracking, and revision of project plans using Microsoft Project.
· Provide timely project status information and assist in developing reports and other output for assigned tasks.
· Interact with center managers, subcontractor directors, and consultants regarding timelines, products, and financial objectives.
· Facilitate effective communication among all center team members.
· Ensure compliance and adherence with center guidelines, policies, and procedures.
· Assisting in writing draft and final monthly reports, annual performance reports, meeting notes, and other summary documents, as required.
Job Requirements· BS / BA / BBA degree required and 10 years of related experience or a MA/MS/MBA and 8 years of related experience. · Minimum of 3 years project management experience. · Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required. Experience with public education projects or education research is preferred. Experience in a contract research organization (CRO) is a plus. · Ability to manage multiple, concurrent activities and align the work of team members across multiple organizations. · Proven leadership and issue resolution skills. · Ability to convey credibility and gain trust and confidence with team members. · Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. · Understanding of complex organizational relationships and ability to establish effective professional business relationships with all levels of management. · Ability to work independently and make judgments and decisions within project guidelines. · Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with a firm commitment to quality. · Excellent written and verbal communication skills. · High degree of computer proficiency using Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. · A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently. · Ability to motivate team members and facilitate meetings. · Ability to make formal presentations to audiences at various levels.
· Willingness to travel, including overnight stays.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.