Desktop Support Specialist
The Desktop Support Specialist (marketing title) functions as IDA's Computer Systems Support Administrator (internal job title) role that will provide support to the Information Technology Support Resources (ITSR) and Computer Systems Support (CSS) teams by troubleshooting hardware and software issues on both classified and unclassified systems and networks. Responsibilities can include the preparation, configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, or disposal of all end point systems. Duties can also include the coordination, maintenance, troubleshooting, resolution, and follow-up of Help Desk tickets, Change Requests, and administrative duties. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Assembles, configures, delivers, implements, maintains, and provides technical support and user assistance for a variety of multiplatform endpoint systems, telecommunications, conference support (audio-visual) equipment, and client based services. Ensures component compatibility with existing baseline and network architectures, compliance with corporate IT policy, and staff member requirements though a consultation process.
- Processes, coordinates, troubleshoots, resolves and provides technical assistance in support of Help Desk tickets and Change requests. Maintains the customer support service areas and provides customer assistance with portable endpoint systems.
- Performs a range of administrative tasks to include warranty and license maintenance, records management, configuration management, office administration, scripting problem resolutions, conference support schedules, and maintaining the tape/disk library and media libraries for offsite storage,
- Assists in the development, design, and architecture of new technological solutions; participates in systems research, testing, and software command scripting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar science or engineering discipline and one year relevant technical experience OR equivalent 3 years of relevant technical work experience.
- One year minimum experience, 2 to 3 years preferred, supporting microcomputer software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks, and computer user support.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, network cabling, wireless, and remote access methodologies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate Security Clearances.
- Possess or able to obtain DoD 8570 IAT certification within six months of hire strongly preferred.