Manager, Volunteer Engagement
United Way Worldwide (UWW) is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world. United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability, and healthy lives. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
This is a key position in Volunteer Engagement working closely with the Director, Volunteer Engagement on delivering volunteer and employee engagement solutions to corporate partners particularly Corporate Relations Operating Group (CROG) and Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) companies. This position interacts with UWW and local United Way staff, corporate partners, volunteers and other stakeholders to design and execute volunteer engagements.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Corporate and Employee Volunteer Programs:
- Design, develop and execute volunteer engagement offerings across multiple markets for corporate partners especially Corporate Relations Operating Group (CROG) and Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) companies.
- Write blogs, social media, project reports and other communications for internal and external distribution that document results and the impact of volunteer projects.
- Support efforts to document the impact of employee volunteering on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including our work with IMPACT 2030.
- Work collaboratively with staff, corporate partners, United Ways, volunteers to execute projects.
2. Capacity Building:
- Develop and deliver tools, resources and training to improve the ability of local United Ways to deliver exceptional employee engagement experiences.
- Engage and support local United Ways’ efforts to design and deliver volunteer projects and programs for their corporate partners.
- Research, curate and promote successful employee volunteer programs including: Signature Events, Skills Based Volunteering, On-site Volunteering, Destination, Board/Leadership, Virtual Volunteering and Disaster Recovery and Response.
- Analyze current volunteer research (internal and external) and prepare data driven recommendations to inform our work.
3. Volunteer Engagement:
- Support efforts to position United Way as thought leader and global provider of volunteer experiences.
- Help manage the Volunteer and Employee Engagement Council and its issue-specific Committees (e.g, Corporate Committee, Skills Based Committee)
- Help grow corporate participation and support for United Way’s annual network-wide day of service, United Way Day of Action (June 21).
- Assist in the recruitment and management of staff, interns and volunteers.
4. Other Duties as Assigned.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor degree with at least three years of experience in a similar role and one to three years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experienced project manager of global corporate and employee volunteer programs.
- Demonstrated excellence in volunteer management practices.
- Expert organizational skills to execute on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
- Relationship builder and collaborator with a servant leader mindset.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications.
- Experience planning, convening and facilitating meetings and events with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience managing diverse clients (internally and externally) in a complex environment.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Julia.email@example.com or call 703-836-7100 ext. 428 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.