The Chronicle is seeking a highly motivated Account Executive to drive the growth of Vitae Recruiter, the only search tool that reaches the most engaged audience of active and passive job seekers in higher education. This newly created position, based in Washington DC, will lead our expansion in the West Coast as part of a major strategic initiative.
As Account Executive for the West Coast, you will be responsible for building and closing a robust pipeline of new business opportunities for the Vitae Recruiter Tool. While building long-term client relationships, you will consult with prospective clients to help them reach their hiring objectives by leveraging the power of Vitae Recruiter. The AE is responsible for meeting or exceeding quarterly quotas and growing The Chronicle’s market share.
Vitae (chroniclevitae.com/) is the fast-growing online community for higher education. It’s the place where faculty and administrators come for candid advice on academic careers and career development tools. Through Vitae Recruiter, clients will connect with members who visit Vitae for daily news and smart insights, professional networking, comprehensive job listings, and other tools that help them succeed in their career.
Location: Washington DC
Territory: West Coast
What you’ll do:
- Develop a full understanding of higher education structure, roles, and buying process.
- Learn about specific client needs.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to account setup.
- Prospect and work on outbound and inbound leads to build a pipeline and create strong relationships.
- Consistently maintain a high level of outbound activity (calls/emails)
- Consult with clients to present Vitae Recruiter tool and recruitment solutions that will allow the company to significantly increase Vitae Recruiter sales.
- Develop and execute on a strategic sales plan for the territory.
- Listen and learn the needs of the market, sharing insights with product and marketing teams.
- Work directly with inside staff and through our sales information systems to identify revenue opportunities.
- Develop and expand opportunities to leverage purchases across academe.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
Who you are:
- Three or more years experience in online product sales, with demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting and exceeding revenue expectations.
- Startup metabolism and entrepreneurial background.
- Superior communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Articulate and professional presentation style.
- Consultative sales experience.
- Ability to travel for business as needed. Travel potential of 25 percent.
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce and other sales information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of formal sales training.
Preferred knowledge and experience:
- Selling recruiting, recruitment media, or human resources software.
- Thorough understanding of the higher education system and buying process.
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Executive” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits are among the best in the business, including 24 days of paid vacation.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.