As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Participates in the design and coding of software products.
- Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Designs and develops compilers; assemblers; utility programs; and operating systems.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 2-5 years of related software development experience.
- Familiarity with practice management applications including patient registration; scheduling; and billing. Working knowledge and experience with Agile development process