7 days left
- Full Time
GDIT, Inc. is seeking a Network Systems Administrator I to join our dynamic GDIT team on the RACERS program at Vandenberg, California. The RACERS Network Systems Administrator I candidate will be responsible for administering and managing system hardware and software operational in an ORACLE relational database and administrating software operated in a MS WINDOWS SERVER environment. Additionally, they will be supporting program Information Assurance/Security tasks.The candidate will set up, configure and support internal and/or external networks. Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security and network configurations at the unit level. Troubleshoots network performance issues and create and maintain the disaster recovery plan. Install system releases, periodic backup procedures, archival processing, resolution of system errors and notices and providing assistance to the RACERS System Administrator. Recommends patches, new applications and equipment. The candidate will provide technical support and guidance, establishment of RACERS users and passwords for both file server access. Will complete tasks designed to ensure security of RACERS systems and information assets. Protects against unauthorized access, modification or destruction, and tracks compliance throughout the organization. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist the SA in the proper identification and completion of ongoing RACERS training proficiency requirements within their serviced organization. Provides day-to-day assistance within their organization relating to RACERS operation.Assist in the identification of system deficiencies, either in design or operations to the SA for further resolution in accordance with established procedures.Maintain close coordination with other members of the organization's financial management staff to ensure the optimization of RACERS operations within the financial business practices of their organization.Assist in the training of organization personnel.Assist the Cost Accounting Office in gathering required data to support RACERS Table population, etc. Act as a focal point for the dissemination of RACERS information to other members of the RACERS user community within their organization.Analyze the impact of impending RACERS changes to the PM for further resolution and coordination within the using community. Assist in the determination of local needs as they pertain to organization interfaces either to or from RACERS.Coordinate RACERS operational system requirements with the SA and PM.Coordinates assess to the system with the SA/PM ensure system access is restricted to active users only. Before granting access ensure the DD form 2875 has proper authorizations.Ensure appropriate files are transferred from source systems and available for timely process scheduling and execution. All file transfers must be accomplished in accordance with procedures established by the SA/PM and coordination with the administrator of the source system.Assist the cost accounting office with database management by; assisting with database validation, running scripts/processes to assist with data integrity, system security, data management. Assist with fiscal year-end system conversion processes.Process hardware and software acquisition requests, providing proposed technical solutions.Document daily review of event logs (i.e., audit logs), including the resolution of incidents noted on the event logs.Conduct certification of DD form 2875s annually and annotates results. Ensure all DD 2875s are filled out to completeness and will all proper authorizations.Conduct quarterly privileged account re-certifications and annotate completion of certification. Maintain copies of records and privileged user accounts.Responsible for computer operations at site. Monitor all process to ensure there are no processing issues that need to be resolved.Monitor system performance and utilize approved procedures to maximize system performance.
- Monitor system to ensure the security of the system from unauthorized users.
- Identify and apply STIGs and patches to the operating systems, database, and middleware.
- Manage the security registration and support accreditation of the system in order to operate on DOD networks. Non-Essential Functions:
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Familiar with a variety of field’s concepts, practices and procedures.Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends when necessary.Must have or be able to obtain and then maintain an ACTIVE Secret-Level clearance Must have or be able to obtain and then maintain a Security+ certification
- 2-3 Years Network Administration experience.2-3 Years administering ORACLE relational database systems.2-3 Years developing or maintaining ORACLE FORMS2-3 Years supporting an MS WINDOWS SERVER environment.Familiarity with performing STIGs and writing POA&MsFamiliarity with the NIST DIACAP and RMF FrameworksExperience with eMASS working as a member of the Control Approval Chain (CAC) Possess the ability to analyze system/network security architecture and report findings