Physician Assistant II - Neurosurgery
- Full Time
Job Description Details:
Facility: Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring MD
Department: Physician Assistants (S4096120)
- Full Time
- Associate's Degree
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support(ACLS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Licensed Physicians Assistant (PA)
- 1 - 3 years of experience required
Works in team structure, to provide following:
1. Performs post-operative checks, participates in daily rounds, writes daily progress notes, and places daily orders as agreed upon with designated neuroscience attending physician (neuroscience attending physician may be specialist in neurosurgery, orthospine, or medical neurology, who has agreed to serve as alternate supervising physician).
2. Responsible for admission history and physical examinations, orders, and discharge summaries for all patients admitted to them at request of neuroscience attending physician.
3. Assists in evaluation and management of patients in Emergency Center and on surgical floor at request of neuroscience attending physician.
4. Performs bedside procedures, including central venous catheter placement, tube thoracostomy, arterial catheter placement, and peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), when credentialed to perform such procedures.
5. Performs ventriculostomy and placement of devices for intra-cranial pressure (ICP) monitoring, when credentialed to perform such procedures.
6. Cares for neuroscience patients who are admitted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU), or Coronary Care Unit (CCU) at request of neuroscience attending physician.
7. Participates in multidisciplinary rounds, and educational conferences for Holy Cross Health physicians and nurses.
Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Must maintain current licensing as Physician Assistant (PA) in State of Maryland.
2. Must maintain BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Provider certification from American Heart Association.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Must function well in team environment.
1. Hospital based position; significant time spent throughout hospital, including Emergency Center and Ambulatory Care Center.
2. Occasional weekend day coverage may be required, but no night coverage.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Contact: D. Page Bradham
Address: Holy Cross Health, Suite 300, 10720 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20901