Job Description Details:
Facility: Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring MD
Department: Labor & Delivery Unit (S4022537)
- Full Time
- ADN or BSN
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- 3 - 5 years of experience required
Designated clinical leader for patient care area, who works under supervision and in collaboration with Director of Nursing, to plan and coordinate care at service and department level. Provides for and utilizes staff appropriately, matching assignments with patient care needs and competencies. Accountable for cost effective decision making regarding utilization of resources (i.e. patient care environment, supplies, etc.) and day-to-day operational decision making. Participates in development of patient care standards. Facilitates staff orientation and continuing education. Participates in development, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement plan. Maintains clinical environment that demonstrates service excellence. Functions as professional role model and resource person. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
2. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
3. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or related field preferred.
4. Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification from American Heart Association.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Minimum of three (3) years of related clinical experience.
2. Must be capable of assessing current activities problems in clinical setting, evaluating alternative approaches, and implementing programs and practices that impact scope of problem.
3. Must be capable of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with members of health care team.
4. Reads, writes, speaks, and comprehends English.
5. May be required to lift minimum of 15-35 lbs., as determined by nature of nursing unit; must be able to push, pull and lift patients.
6. Ability to diffuse potential or actual crisis situations in calm and professional manner.
7. Acceptable performance in administering medications according to Holy Cross Health's standards within probationary period.
8. Must have visual and auditory acuity.
9. Must have ability to coordinate eyes and hands quickly and accurately.
10. Interacts with diverse populations, who may be under considerable situational stress.
11. Actively participates in quality assessment and improvement program.
12. Willingness to learn, and fosters climate that supports changes.
13. Participates in task forces and committees, as assigned.
14. Adheres to standard precautions.
15. Accepts other duties, as assigned.
16. Computer competencies in support of duties.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Contact: D. Page Bradham
Address: Holy Cross Health, Suite 300, 10720 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20901