7 days left
- Full Time
Job Description Details:
Facility: Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring MD
Department: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (S4035550)
- Full Time - Variable (mostly Mon-Fri)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- 3 - 5 years of experience required
Three (3) or more years of experience in Level II or above NICU. BLS Instructor Status certification from American Heart Association, or willing to attain within three months of hire. Certification as International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) from International Board of Lactation Consultation Examiners (IBLCE), or experience in lactation support of new mothers. Flexibility with scheduling, and availability for second Monday evening each month.
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and, if necessary, delegating patient care to specified group of patients. Collaborates with physicians, medical professionals and other staff, to ensure quality of care given. Provides care for neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patients (as defined in unit scope of care). Utilizes knowledge of principles of growth and development appropriate to patient age, to ensure that care provided meets unique, physical and psycho-social needs of patient. Involves appropriate parties (i.e. patient family or guardian, and outside agencies) in assessment, treatment and continuing care of patient, as needed. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
2. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
3. BLS Healthcare Provider certification from American Heart Association.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Successful completion of refresher program in nursing, if applicant has not had minimum of 1,000 hours of direct patient care experience within past five (5) years.
2. Demonstration of acceptable performance in administering medications according to Holy Cross Health's standards within probationary period.
3. Basic computer skills, to include data entry and retrieval.
4. Reads, writes, speaks, and comprehends English.
5. Must have visual and auditory acuity.
6. Must have ability to coordinate eyes and hands quickly and accurately.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Contact: D. Page Bradham
Address: Holy Cross Health, Suite 300, 10720 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20901