Patient Accounts Representative
7 days left
- Full Time
Highly motivated individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills, who responds to internal and external inquires in call center environment. Must be detail oriented, with strong problem solving skills, and good listener, to assess and fulfill needs of callers. Must be flexible, able to multi-task, team player, and able to maintain composure in continuously intense environment. Adheres to Mission standards, and acts in professional, diplomatic and tactful manner, when handling customers. Shows respect and compassion, and provides excellent service to all customers, co-workers and clients. Actively promotes healthy environment and core values. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.Job Description Details:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two to four (2-4) years of work experience, and/or equivalent education or training in medical claims management and reimbursement.
3. Two (2) years of mainframe based PC and software experience, preferably HBOC, and knowledge of electronic billing systems; proficient in Microsoft Windows applications, including Microsoft Office; ability to interpret, and work from, computer reports and spreadsheets.
4. Served as direct point of contact for customers in call center environment, or large organization, handling general questions and complaints.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Types minimum of 45 words per minute, with 90% accuracy.
7. Excellent analytical and auditing skills, and basic mathematics, for reconciliation of accounts.
8. Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
9. Knowledge of third-party reimbursement regulations, with emphasis on Medicare and Medicaid programs.
10. Basic knowledge of medical terminology, and/or related health care management courses, to enable interpretation of clinical documentation and appropriate coding.
11. Bilingual desired, but not mandatory.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.