Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in Washington D.C and is filled through U.S. Army Engineer District, Baltimore, Washington Aqueduct Division, Plant Operations Branch.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes: (1) Demonstrated skill in the design, configuration, administration and maintenance of process control systems, (2) Integrating information system components, and (3) Analyzing and advising management on the effectiveness of the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems to ensure operability and efficiency.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
1. KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES, PRACTICES AND METHODS
2. SKILL IN VERBAL COMMUNICATION
3. SKILL IN PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
4. ABILITY TO ANALYZE COMPLEX WATER TREATMENT INDUSTRIAL
5. ABILITY TO TROUBLESHOOT COMPLEX SCADA SYSTEMS
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is an Emergency Essential position.
- Must obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- A drug test is required.
- Moving Expenses and relocation is authorized.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid State issued Drivers License.
- May be required to be on call back, and may be required to perform emergency overtime.