Student Trainee (Administrative Support)
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Chief Financial Officer, as a Student Trainee (Administrative Support) will allow you to serve by performing a variety of management duties in planning and processes. The Student Trainee (Administrative Support) position starts at a salary of $32,428 (GS-4, step 1), with promotion potential to $47,171(GS-05, step 10). Upon successful completion of the program requirements, you may be converted to a term, career or career conditional appointment or separated at the expiration of the appointment. For more information on the Secret Service click here.
The Department of Homeland Security Pathways Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Homeland Security, including the Secret Service. This program intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to current individuals enrolled in qualifying educational institutions by providing paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore federal careers before their career paths are established. Students may be in high school, certificate programs, vocational and technical schools, undergraduate, and graduate or professional programs. Best qualified applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
- Not Required
GS-4: You qualify for the GS-4 level (starting salary $32,428) if you possess the following:
- Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree.
- Completion of 4 full academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree..
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Students must maintain student eligibility and enrollment throughout the duration of the internship (Applicants must be actively enrolled at an accredited institution). Applicants that have graduated or will graduate prior to the completion of the internship are ineligible to participate without proof of future enrollment in an accredited university.
1. Be a United States Citizen
2. Be at least 16 years old
3. Have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
4. Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university on at least a half-time basis as defined by your educational institution
Conditions of Employment:
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret clearance. Completion of a single scope background investigation is required before appointment.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Upon boarding, you must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.