Installation Child and Youth Program School Liaison Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training.
The mission of the Fleet and Family Readiness (FFR) Programs team is to maximize the physical, emotional and social development of the Navy family. FFR enables a ready Navy force through its Fleet Readiness, Family Readiness and Housing Programs. We service all non-appropriated fund (NAF) employees who work for Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS) and Bachelor Housing (BH) throughout the Fleet and Family Readiness Program for the Naval District Washington (NDW) Region.
- 25% or Greater
- May require travel on a frequent basis
- Relocation negotiable.
1. Successful completion of a 4 year college or university degree, with a major in or substantial coursework in related CYP field, early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology and youth program administration, or other closely related field.
Combination education & experience – this means courses equivalent to a major in above listed field (24+ credit hours), AND experience or coursework that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through successful completion of the 4 year course of study in above listed majors.
2. A minimum of 3 years experience working with school personnel, students and parents (i.e. School Liaison Officer, CYP Manager, education or academic leader/counselor).
3. Knowledge of Navy operational organizational structure, chain of command, and particularly as how it relates to CYP.
4. Knowledge and understanding of Navy philosophy, goals, vision, policy, and programs relating to CYP issues of military members.
5. Oral & written briefing skills; ability to communicate effectively to all levels of personnel at installation.
6. Knowledge of research methodology, information retrieval and data organization for analysis, decision making, and formulation of recommendations.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Relocation Expenses will be paid
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is subject to special inoculation and immunization requirements as a condition of employment for working with children. Employee is required to obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases in accordance with recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), which includes the influenza vaccine.
Must pass a pre-employment physical, provide evidence of immunization, and be free from communicable disease.
Satisfactorily complete all background background checks in accordance with PL 101-647 to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
Must satisfactorily obtain or complete required training certificates and maintain certifications/credentials required by federal, state or National Accreditation institutions utilized as part of DOD's Child and Youth Programs.
Public Trust - Background Investigation