Recreation Assistant (Lead Lifeguard), NF-02
Fort Belvoir Morale, Welfare and Recreation
Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. Morale, Welfare and Recreation
Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
Location: Fort Belvoir, Directorate of Morale, Welfare Recreation (DFMWR), Pools
- Assist with the operation of the pool, oversees the work of assigned lifeguards & monitors compliance with facility policies.
- Assists with scheduling of employees.
- Assists with the operation of the pool, its filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water tests.
- Not Required
Must possess the following certificates:
- American Red Cross "Lifeguard" certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification).
- American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer" (CPR-Pro) certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates (CPR) Certification).
When facilities use Automated External Defibrillator "AED's" and Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the following is required:
- American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification.
- American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates Oxygen Administration certification.
Conditions of Employment
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Satisfactory completion of all required background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13 is required.
Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period. Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.