Summer Opportunities at Phi Beta Kappa's National Office
We are excited to share this opportunity for summer employment with The Phi Beta Kappa Society's national office in Washington, DC. We are looking for two part-time assistants to work on a variety of projects. These paid positions are:
National Arts and Sciences Initiative Assistant
This assistant will work with our National Arts & Sciences Initiative team to conduct research, develop materials, and join the national conversation on supporting the liberal arts and sciences. The assistant will have an opportunity to participate in long-term strategy planning as well as the day-to-day responsibilities of a major advocacy campaign. Duties will include:
- Researching higher education news stories to feature in the monthly e-alerts;
- Assisting in the development of Initiative communications and social media posts;
- Supporting the event planning process, which can include: researching potential speakers and award recipients, compiling invitation lists, and helping design event materials;
- Drafting general correspondence and proofreading documents as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Communications Assistant will work with staff in the national office to advance the mission of the Society by developing content for national and regional websites, social media platforms, and e-newsletters as well as assisting in event planning for upcoming nationwide event series. Projects will vary based on current need, but examples of past projects include:
- Researching and writing feature length articles;
- Developing copy for Phi Beta Kappa national website;
- Developing copy for regional Phi Beta Kappa association websites and newsletters;
- Developing sample materials and sharable content for use by chapter and association officer; and
- General research and project assistance as needed.
We are looking for a college student or recent graduate with a passion for the liberal arts and sciences and strong writing abilities. The positions will each be paid a $5,500 stipend. Hours are 9 am - 5 pm Monday - Thursday for 12 weeks. Preferred start date is Monday, June 5th.