Foreign Policy Advocacy Internships
The Yemen Peace Project is seeking highly-motivated applicants for an internship in our Advocacy program. The intern will work with the Executive Director and the Advocacy Director on US foreign policy issues.
Duties of the Foreign Policy Advocacy Intern will include:
- Monitoring US government briefings and statements concerning Yemen and the region;
- Monitoring relevant congressional schedules, hearings, and statements;
- Communicating with congressional and administration staff members;
- Writing and editing organizational statements, press releases, reports, and advocacy materials;
- Planning and scheduling advocacy activities;
- Coordinating with our volunteers and partner organizations in the US and Yemen;
- Communicating with YPP donors and subscribers regarding our advocacy efforts.
Previous experience in/knowledge of Yemen or Southwest Asia is preferred, but not required. Previous advocacy experience is welcomed.
Graduate students and recent graduates are invited to apply. Current undergraduates with relevant experience will also be considered. Applicants for the Foreign Policy internship should live in or near Washington, DC. The interns will be expected to work 15-20 hours per week. This position is unpaid.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume/cv, and writing sample to email@example.com.