INTERNSHIP - Infrastructure
7 days left
- Full Time
The Downtown DC Business Improvement District is a private- not-for-profit corporation dedicated to improving a one-square-mile area of the center city of our nation's capital.
The Downtown BID, founded in 1998, has a $12 million annual budget, a board of 45 of Washington's business and civic leaders and a staff of planners, economists, managers and communicators. Read more about the Downtown BID at www.downtowndc.org .
The scope of work for the intern will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Field research in support of transportation projects and plans aimed at making parking, bicycling, transit and walking more convenient in an increasingly congested downtown;
- Monitoring and reporting on current usage of public parks and open spaces with an aim towards engaging more downtown workers, residents and visitors to use these assets;
- Research the internet to identify building owners and managers in the BID's geographic area;
- Enter information into the BID's Sales Force system;
- Provide administrative support services for BID programs as requested;
- Produce written and oral reports; and
- Participate in presentations and discussions with other BID departments, stakeholders and government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interns/Associates must be undergraduates, enrolled in a post-graduate program, or recent college graduates within a 12-month time period with relative experience, education, and skills.
- Excellent communication ( oral and written) and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel and MS Word required
- Strong listening skills are also required to perform this role
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
16 weeks, full time
May 1, 2017
An intern's compensation will be commensurate with his or her skills, experience, and education. The compensation range is between $13 and $18 per hour. The intern position is expected to work a 12 to 32 -hour work-week, Monday through Friday.