Latin America and Caribbean Intern
PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 19 independent, local Centers around the world.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. The PartnersGlobal team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in technical areas such as the rule of law, women's empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. The Partners Network is renowned for undertaking cutting edge work and applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties to jointly tackle some of the most complex development challenges.
We are looking for an energetic and committed individual to join us as a LAC Intern, working closely with the Latin America and Caribbean team to assist with programmatic support, proposal development and program design efforts, and communications and outreach. PartnersGlobal is a vibrant organization that allows interns a hands-on, valuable opportunity to gain exposure to an international nonprofit working in the field of democracy-building and conflict management. We are committed to fostering a dynamic learning and professional development atmosphere, and will offer mentoring and guidance throughout your time with us. The LAC team works collaboratively and dynamically and is looking forward to providing professional development and mentorship to a new team-member so that he or she can develop valuable, marketable skills in research, program management, and business development.
Learning opportunities include:
- Complete independent research projects that will help the team identify and track opportunities to grow the LAC portfolio, including fee-for-service and other non-USG opportunities;
- Develop leadership and practical skills through coordinating events and roundtable discussions;
- General mentorship and work opportunities with the LAC team and wider Partners staff of process and thematic experts both in Washington, DC and throughout the LAC region. Specific opportunities include attending meetings with donors and partners, assisting the team with brainstorming and strategic planning for current and potential activities, and providing logistical and research report to members of the LAC team; and
- Networking opportunities as you represent Partners at LAC-related events around the District
- Cross-regional learning by supporting the implementation of the organization's Civil Society Global Initiative. The selected candidate will work hand in hand with the Global Director for Civil Society and with members of the different regional teams to carry out research and develop analytical and communicational materials such as blog posts and policy briefs on closing political spaces around the world;
Qualifications: The ideal prospective candidate is a graduate student or recent college graduate with demonstrated interest, work experience, and/or academic study in the LAC region and/or democratic governance (highly qualified undergraduates will also be considered); exceptional English language, research, writing, and editing skills; full professional proficiency in Spanish; computer proficiency and a passion for getting organized; excellent interpersonal skills; and an insatiable desire to learn.
To Apply: Please fill out the PartnersGlobal Employment Application by Friday, April 7th and attach a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (maximum 1,000 words). Remember to indicate that you are applying for the position of LAC Intern. No phone calls please. We will contact applicants directly for an interview or to request additional information.
PartnersGlobal is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.