Intern, State Health Policy
The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials has a State Health Policy internship opportunity. During the four to six-month assignment, the intern will work on the following:
- Conducting research on public health policy issues, specifically related to healthcare provider scope of practice.
- Analyzing public health policy trends related to scope of practice issues.
- Creating content for www.scopeofpracticepolicy.org, to include blog posts, literature reviews, case studies, and state stories. The website is a collaborative effort between ASTHO and National Conference of State Legislatures.
- With guidance, managing policy research and analysis and making initial decisions on drafting project deliverables.
- Creating or enhancing materials to help members and state health policymakers understand the legal issues and trends in healthcare provider scope of practice.
Interested candidates should have, or be working toward, a health policy degree. This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) paid internship. No benefits are provided.
ASTHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer