Manager, Finance and Administration
6 days left
- Full Time
Manager, Financial and Administration - O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
The O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University was established in 2007 through the generous philanthropy of Linda and Timothy O'Neill to respond to the need for innovative solutions to the most pressing national and international health concerns. Housed at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington D.C., the O'Neill Institute reflects the importance of public and private law in health policy analysis.
Working with the O'Neill Institute Leadership team the Manager of Finance and Administration (MFA) is responsible for all of the financial, grant, HR, and administrative management for all areas of the O'Neill Institute. The MFA monitors and evaluates the use of O'Neill Institute resources, assists the Leadership Team with their strategic financial management planning, which includes efficient use and maximization of existing Institute resources, and future resource planning inclusive of the development of long-term strategic programmatic goals, and securing grant funding. Duties include but are not limited to:
Budget/Financial Management and Reporting
- Provides Leadership Team with financial analysis necessary to make informed decisions to ensure the financial stability of the O'Neill Institute.
- Monitors financial activity of O'Neill Institute across all funds on a monthly basis for significant variances to budget. Report year-end projections to Financial Affairs Office - Law Center.
- Generates monthly ProCard report to monitor transactions being reallocated.
- Directs Program Coordinator to initiate EVs, JVs, reimbursements, cost transfers, contracts, and budget revisions, and review and approve accurately and promptly.
- Reviews overdraft reports and ensure all funds in deficit are addressed promptly.
- Reviews financial documents requiring fiscal approval. Follow up on questionable transactions to ensure compliance with Georgetown Law policies and procedures.
- Develops, allocates, and administers operating budgets of approximately $3 million.
- Provides budget forecasts, and any other information necessary to maintain efficient business operations.
- Acts as expert information resource to O'Neill Institute staff regarding Georgetown Law financial policies and procedures.
- Supports the O'Neill Institute Leadership in developing long-term strategic programmatic goals and securing grant funding for the Institute.
- Helps in the management of O'Neill Institute-specific foundation, corporate, and government funding proposals. This will entail.
- Clears all funding requests through the appropriate Law Center and University offices, in accordance with the Law Center's and the University's established procedures.
- Maintains current information on all sponsored accounting operations. Ensure that all O'Neill Institute cost centers are in compliance and remain out of deficit and that direct/indirect costs are allocated.
- Creates and reviews budgets for sponsored research proposals.
- Coordinates with grant project teams and relevant Georgetown Law and University offices, all sub-awards/contracts for existing grants.
- Monitors research grants and fulfills reporting requirements. Human Resource Support
- Formulates and recommends changes to O'Neill Institute organizational structure, policies, and/or procedures.
- Provides direction and guidance to O'Neill Institute employees during changes in Georgetown Law structure, policies, and/or procedures that affect the Institute.
- Ensures the O'Neill Institute's compliance with Georgetown Law policies.
Workforce Planning, Employment, and HR Development Support
- Advises Executive Director on recruitment, selection, hiring, training, and other HR matters, referring matters to GUHR.
- Develops strategies for employee orientation.
- Writes and edits position descriptions.
- Provides HR information for O'Neill Institute budgeting process.
- Maintains equitable compensation practices.
- Defines administrative needs of O'Neill Institute and develops strategies for meeting said needs.
- Establishes policies and procedures to coordinate all administrative functions within the Institute.
- Conducts periodic reviews of O'Neill Institute policies and procedures to ensure consistency internally and compliance with Georgetown Law policies and procedures.
Facilities Management Support
- Assists the Leadership Team with management of all O'Neill Institute capital improvement projects, including coordination with the offices of Project Management on space.
- Develops policies and procedures for use of all Institute facilities, including offices & common areas.
- B.A. or B.S.
- 5+ years experience with financial & office management, preferably in a university or other non-profit organization
- Experience in grant management, events, budgeting, reconciliation, communications and development preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Time management and job prioritization skills
- Strong orientation to detail and deadlines; Ability to interpret and apply complex policies and procedures, develop innovative approaches and adapt to changes in policies and technologies
- Proficiency with University systems such as Workday (GMS) , TRACS proposal systems, as well as advanced knowledge of Excel
- Command of general business practices as they apply to the institution
- Behavioral competencies should include the ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, using conceptual or inductive reasoning
- Maintain a systematic effort over a limited period of time to obtain needed data or feedback; and link long-range visions and concepts to daily work, ranging from simple understanding to an awareness of the impact at large on strategies and on choices
- An orientation to results and excellent customer service skills are essential
- This position requires extreme attention to detail and a positive and self-starter personality
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.