Security Officer (Monday - Friday: 10:30 p.m.-6:30 a.m.)
This position staffs assigned posts and conducts security checks required by applicable regulations. Implements prearranged procedures to cope with emergency situations, such as fire. Responsible for the physical security of the IDA Studies and Analyses Center; and responds to alarms and security incidents. Provides escort for a variety of scheduled, unscheduled, and uncleared personnel who must conduct business in the facility. Due to the nature of the work and the requirement at times for extended coverage, this position is often required to work overtime hours or hours outside of a regularly scheduled shift; additionally must complete patrol requirements and sustain stationary positions.
- Through instruction and on the job training become familiar with all normal and emergency IDA Security Officer Procedures, each duty post assignment, and the physical layout of the facility. This includes building utilities, sprinkler system, machinery, and any special features.
- Works on a rotating shift, dependent on the needs of IDA. May work independently or with other Security staff.
- May perform any or all of the following:
- Performs Receptionist duties for numerous IDA facilities, using computerized visitor control system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of work experience; physical security experience is highly preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate Secret security clearance; Active DoD Secret clearance or above is preferred.