Telecom Operations Lead
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Conduct site surveys, develop requirements documentation for voice, video WAN/LAN services.
3. Develops and recommends options for reduction in costs, increase in overall efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Provide project management support for telecom projects.
5. Plan and implement IT infrastructure support; install, relocate, remove equipment, quality control reviews and testing for office moves.
6. Monitor ticketing queues using ServiceNow request tracking system.
7. Performs highly specialized techni cal tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
8. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
9. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
10. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
Related certifications such as Certified Telecommunications Network Specialist (CTNS), Certified Telecommunications Analyst (CTA) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) as desirable.
5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE:
The individual must have 5 years of hands on experience with wiring, 66 and 110 blocks, plain old telephone service (POTS) lines, VoIP, circuit installation/troubleshooting, and Cisco network equipment implementation and maintenance. Experience leading teams of telecom engineers.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Washington, District of Columbia