Senior Principal Contracts Administrator - Clearance Required
Conducts negotiation and administration of government contracts and/or subcontracts.
1. Administers contracts and/or subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting, and product delivery for major contracts.
2. Negotiates contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
3. Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
4. Provides advice and interpretation of contract requirements.
5. Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
6. Prepares and submits cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements, and cost proposal risk assessment.
7. Prepares consulting agreements.
8. Modifies contract schedules and participates in vendor reseller agreement negotiations when required.
9. Coordinates with program managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contracts administrators, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. May involve management of staff if required
1. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2. Professional certification (CPCM/CFCM) preferred.
* 10-15 years of related experience in contracts administration.
* Minimum Secret clearance required, but strongly prefer TS or TS/SCI
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and be able to interact with customers and General Dynamics management/staff at all levels.
* Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
* Must be detailed oriented, possess excellent organizational skills and be able to work independently with a minimal level of supervision.
* Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures relating to DOD and IC contracting; relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Experience with large integration programs/proposals, and performance-based programs a plus.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.