Sr. GIS Computer Systems Analyst
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior GIS Computer Systems Analyst along the Gulf Coast in New Orleans, LA.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Interior background investigation. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Computer Systems Analyst to join our superb team of IT professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to excel and guide our Geospatial Information Systems development team to success.
Computer Systems Analysts are at the core of the GDIT Development Process in delivering the best custom applications to our customers. This role requires coordination and collaboration with many GDIT and Government personnel from Software, Hardware, Integration, Testing, Business Analysts and Operations to develop software for operational customers.
Analyzes and evaluates user GIS needs and identifies resources required for each task to determine functional requirements; conceptualizes, develops, and implements complex systems designed to meet client requirements; defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements; designs, develops, implements, and tests new systems or modifies existing systems that meet the user's needs; develops and executes test plans; codes applications and tests to software requirements; writes or updates software specifications as necessary; writes technical project documentation including detailed design documents and program specifications; analyzes procedures and systems to refine their formulation and convert to programmable formats; analyzes data requirements to determine data source and destinations; coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems; creates logical data models based on functional requirements; performs quality review of specifications for internal and external delivery; troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users; develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of programs as assigned; may serve as a technical task or team lead.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes procedures and systems to refine their formulation and convert to programmable formats.
3. Writes or updates software specifications.
4. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
5. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
6. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
8. Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Must have ten years' of computer experience working independently or under general direction on complex application problems involving all phases of systems analysis. At least five years' experience in analysis and design of business applications for complex, large-scale or mid-tier computer systems, or LAN-based systems.
* Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in computer programming.
* Expertise in ESRI and open architecture GIS development.
* Development experience with Java and Java Script.
* Tests and debugs assigned software components and units.
* Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
* Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documen tation, and training materials.
* Database Application development experience
* Experience in the development of Java Web applications and Google Web Toolkit
* Experience using Vaadin or Spring
* Experience working in an Agile Software Development Environment.
* Experience leading software development teams
* Strong interpersonal presentation and communication skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.