Splunk Engineer / Consultant (Remote)
Are you a Cyber Security expert who enjoys working with Splunk? Would you be interested in joining a team of cyber security pros who are experts at their craft, and work towards becoming a Splunk SME? Have you implemented, operated or supported Splunk Enterprise solutions? Do you have expertise with Linux operating systems and SQL servers? If yes, then we want to speak with you!
As a Splunk Engineer, you will participate in meetings, calls and interactions related to specific Splunk solutions. You will perform validation of Splunk solutions in virtual lab environments and develop requirements for procurement that provide a stable, resilient Splunk solution. You will also perform Splunk Enterprise installations in customer environments and integrate solution products with Splunk as well as provide client access. Overall, you will be an advocate for Splunk and continue down the path to becoming a Splunk SME.
As part of your Splunk training plan, you will have the opportunity to become Splunk certified in the following areas: Power User, Admin, Architect, Consultant I and Consultant II certifications.
Work Site: 100% Remote: Required Travel to Client Sites (mostly in DMV)
- 5+ years of overall IT experience
- 2 years of experience implementing, operating, supporting and troubleshooting Splunk Enterprise (tell us how you’ve worked with SPLUNK, we want to know!)
- Experience installing, managing, securing and troubleshooting Linux operating systems
- Experience interacting with Windows environments, including SQL servers
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products particularly Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and must be clearable. Active Clearance is not immediately required.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid
- 401k Contribution Matching; 100% fully vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Heath Care, Dependent Care, Transit and Parking
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Commuter Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Rewards for obtaining new IT certifications
- Computer-based training (CBT) library
- Remote access to a virtual lab for testing / learning opportunities
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!