For a complete job description, go to www.novaparks.com.
Please include Opportunity Announcement #17-03-04 on your resume.
NOVA Parks has an immediate full-time opening for an Aquatics Specialist at Great Waves, Cameron Run Regional Park, Alexandria, Virginia. Annual Starting Salary: $47,457.92 with Excellent Benefits. Position is open until filled.
The AQUATICS SPECIALIST is responsible for assisting with planning, developing, coordinating, and executing an operational management plan for a high volume waterpark. Work is performed under the general direction of the Waterpark Manager. Aquatics Specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to: supervision of both full time and seasonal staff, and oversight of aquatics safety and operational programs for Great Waves Waterpark. Annual performance goals will be set for the Aquatics Specialist.
- Assist w/management of personnel;
- Assist w/management of facility operations;
- Assist w/management of facility and grounds maintenance;
- Assist w/development and management of budget;
- Assist w/establishment and maintenance of positive public relations program;
- Assist w/performance of administrative duties.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Train lifeguards through National Aquatics Safety Company (NASCO) classes and weekly in-services.
- Recruit, train, evaluate, schedule and determine workload for aquatics personnel.
- Oversee all aspects of pool maintenance, chemical usage, and equipment usage.
- Perform pool operator duties.
- Compose monthly attendance reports, pool schedule, and special event calendar.
- Encourage positive public relations through courteous and diplomatic communications with patrons, vendors and employees and oversee customer refunds, rainchecks, and service related issues.
- Work with Recreation Business Specialist and Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to compose schedules for all lifeguards, water safety officers, pool manager, and aquatic aides to ensure special events and aquatics facility are properly staffed.
- Work closely with Risk Assessment Manager in order to ensure the facility and staff meets NASCO, City, and National standards.
- Combined business skills with an understanding of recreation in order to ensure a pleasurable experience for facility patrons.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (minimum)
Education: Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in park management or closely related field.
Physical: Non-manual and manual work with strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions in office and outdoor settings; will perform heavy manual labor in all weather conditions, lift items at or greater than 80 pounds, climb ladders, use tools and operate equipment.
Experience: Six years of progressive experience in aquatics management, or any equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
Selection Process: Panel interview.
Testing: The Aquatics Specialist position is classified as a safety sensitive position. Candidates for full-time, safety sensitive positions must submit to a pre-employment drug screening and achieve a negative result as a condition of employment.
How to Apply: Please complete a full time application online or submit your complete and current resume to the NOVA Parks Human Resources Office. Please include the NOVA Parks Opportunity Announcement Number on your resume.
Resumes may be sent to: email@example.com, or
NOVA Parks Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources
5400 Ox Road
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
It is the policy of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-352-5900 for assistance.