Justice Federal Credit Union, a full service credit union serving the Justice, Law Enforcement, and Homeland Security communities, seeks a full-time Mortgage Counselor to assist members with the mortgage loan process. Responsibilities include assisting with loan origination, processing, and loan closings.
Duties for this position include:
- Interviews members applying for first mortgages
- Assists members with completion of mortgage applications
- Processes first and second mortgage applications to include: ordering credit reports, ordering appraisal, ordering title search, requesting verification of deposit, employment and other information deemed necessary to make an underwriting decision and to disburse of funds.
- Ensures prompt follow-up on requested documentation to guarantee timely underwriting decisions
- Maintains oral and written communication with members to ensure an orderly process
- Prepares loan packages for underwriting
- Helps coordinate loan closings and performs post-closing audits
- Ensures compliance with federally regulated disclosure requirements
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Associate degree or equivalent mortgage industry experience required
- 2 years mortgage processing/closing experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of credit union and or other related financial experience desired.
- Must be licensed or be able to obtain licensing from NMLS
Justice FCU offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits package around that includes generous leave, (including your birthday!), 401k with excellent employer match, health, dental and prescription coverage, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and more!
To apply visit www.jfcu.org or send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .Good credit history and the ability to pass a security clearance are required. EOE