The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of the maintenance department employees and contractors for all building repairs and maintenance for a 2,000 + bed student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to after hours on-call, supervision, overseeing an after hours emergency on-duty staffing, budget creation, resident service, process creation, maintenance, housekeeping, preventive maintenance, HVAC, electrical repairs, elevator repairs, waste management/recycling, grounds, and snow removal. Turn responsibilities include after hours overtime to oversee repairs, unit cleaning, unit repairs, unit projects and housekeeping projects. Serves in 24 hour on-call duty. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interactions with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains, supervises and evaluates all department employees.
- Oversees work order system to ensure that all work request are being handled efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Responds to maintenance request within 48 hours.
- Oversees on-call after hours maintenance emergency duty system.
- Oversees trash removal and recycling efforts.
- Implements and oversees proactive interior and exterior maintenance programs to ensure quality repairs.
- Performs general furniture repair, general plumbing, all appliance repair, minor electrical repairs and HVAC repairs.
- Implements interior and exterior maintenance programs to ensure quality repairs.
- Conducts bi-monthly site inspections.
- Establishes, maintains, and continually updates a maintenance manual that identifies various protocols and/ or standards designated for the facility.
- Monitors all pest control efforts for the community.
- Assists in responding to resident maintenance questions, concerns, or complaints to include appeals and damage billing.
- Oversees work performed by contractors and inspects work upon completion to ensure quality workmanship.
- Monitors snow accumulation to ensure steps are taken to prevent ice build up on the property.
- Conducts over sight of all minor elevator and roof repairs.
- Conducts daily checks of the building systems.
- Coordinates and oversees aspects of the turn period including but not limited to inspections, condition of floor hallways, unit cleaning, and unit repairs.
- Orders and picks up parts and tools when necessary.
- Maintains inventory of tools and equiptment.
- Responsible for daily repairs to building systems.
· Education and/or Experience- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) five years experience (apartment maintenance preferred).
· Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
If you have any questions email the Hiring Manager, L. Carthens at email@example.com.