Manager, Shared Services and Enterprise Risk Management
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
Overall the Government Transformation and Agency Partnerships team helps the Partnership launch sustainable, impactful programs to a build a more effective and interconnected government. We serve as entrepreneurs who develop, test, and pilot new products and services to address government customer needs. We do this by cultivating and connecting partners from the public, private, educational and social sectors and generating resources to fund our efforts.
As the manager of Shared Services and Enterprise Risk Management, you will assist the GTAP team in managing programs focused on helping federal agencies modernize their management systems. You will conceptualize, convene, facilitate and manage high-level roundtables and meetings related to shared services and enterprise risk management. The Shared Services Roundtable program engages public and private shared services stakeholders to develop government-wide solutions to help federal agencies better utilize shared resources. The Enterprise Risk Management program brings together federal agencies to discuss and strategize how to effectively implement risk management practices.
You will work with industry, federal agency and executive office leaders to set agendas, identify desired impacts and develop implementation strategies to improve government-wide management systems such as managing talent, providing services across government, acquiring goods and other mission support functions and processes.
You will supervise 2-4 employees and oversee the daily management of the program to include personnel actions, budgeting and portfolio administration. You will also assist with informing the public, federal workforce and senior leaders on Best Places to Work data and Ready to Govern appointee orientation and onboarding initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and manage relationships with federal executives, subject matter experts, corporate sponsors and congressional officials
- Represent the Partnership in public and private forums as a speaker and ambassador
- Organize and manage events
- Write and proof-read reports on technical management and business processes
- Manage high performing teams to include recruitment, development and performance
- Perform program management duties including tracking tasks, scheduling assignments and reporting on task completion
- Lead budgeting, workforce planning, strategic planning and performance evaluation
- Ensure programs achieve intended impacts, quality and revenue targets as stated and measured in operational plans and budgets
- Lead business development to identify and cultivate new opportunities
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Communicating in Writing and Orally
- Strategic Thinking and Decision Making
- Program and People Management
- Initiative and Innovation
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-4 years’ experience with financial, information technology, shared service, enterprise risk or human resources policy and/or complex program operations
- Project management experience and the ability to lead and manage high-performing teams
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and with ambiguity
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, research and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and adaptable team player
- Experience with event planning and customer service
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the director of Government Transformation and Agency Partnerships.
This position supervises 2-4 associates.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm. There may be occasional evening or weekend activities required.
If travel occurs, it is usually during the business day to local federal agencies. Some out of the area and/or overnight travel may be required as well.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply, please visit https://ourpublicservice.org/about-us/careers.php