Junior Information Security Analyst
* Candidate must be a US citizen and have the ability to pass a public trust background investigation with the Department of Treasury. If candidate does not meet the above requirement, please do not apply.
* Candidate must have experience in network defense, responding to incidents across the network, and have ability to work in a high speed, high visibility 24x7x365 Operational environment.
* Candidate must have understanding of large scale security infrastructure, network protocols, security defenses, proactive defense measure, mitigation techniques, and incident response.
* Candidate MUST have familiarity and understanding with different flavors of NIX platorms, other command line environments and associated tools.
* Intimate understanding of TCP/IP and the functioning of its component protocols, ability to read, and analyze, using various toolsets such as tcpdump, wireshark, etc; how they work and what information they produce.
* A basic understanding how how scripting works, what they are used for in a automation environment, using analysis in various systems using a language such as bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, or other preferred tools.
* Experience in the operation and theory behind Intrusion Detection Systems, and familiarity with Sourcefire (Snort rules apply), SIEM Technologies, Enterprise Security Tools, web gateway management, centralized log analysis, PCAP, and AntiVirus.
* Understanding of what malicious code is, how it works, and how to mitigate its potential threat.
* Candidate should possess a fundamental understanding of computer incident response procedures (proper collection, thorough investigation, unequivocal validation, and internal escalation) and protocols. Candidate should understand how to correctly document, triage, and respond timely to affected stakeholders in the course of daily analysis and response duties.
* Candidate should have a working knowledge of system and network exploitation, attack methodologies and intrusion techniques; denial of service attacks, man in the middle attacks, malicious code delivery techniques, automated network vulnerability and port scanning, keyloggers, social engineering, network and system reconnaissance.
* Candidate must be able to articulate in both written and oral communication, communicate with customers, in both technical and non-technical capacities. NON-NEGOTIABLE.
* Candidate should have knowledge of system and network administration, configuration best security practices, security controls and configuration standards as they apply to IT security.
* BS degree preferred in Computer Science or like field of study.
* Requires 2-5 years’ experience.
* MS Computer Science or Information Assurance
* Requires 1-3 year’s experience
* 0-2 years of related experience in data security administration.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.