Senior Key Account Director
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17015.Africa Sales
Location: Sandton, South Africa
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Primary Purpose of the Position
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a Sales leader, this position will develop and manage ongoing business from initial opportunity concept to final contracted sale and beyond, with the primary responsibility of growing strategic customer accounts. You will develop and execute industry growth plans that align with Intelsat business strategy by delivering consistently strong results for quota attainment, pipeline coverage and forecast accuracy. This role will enhance and diversify the Africa region's portfolio and help to grow media service models into profitable go-to-market strategy across verticals. You will play a critical role in building and sustaining strategic Customer and Partner relationships. In collaboration with the Corporate Network Services and Regional Management teams this position will identify, develop and manage a network services roadmap that represents our brand innovatively and strategically, in order to fulfill every client need.
- Act as primary contact for key accounts in the media segment to provide service solutions, develop new business and support the generation of revenue.
- Develop and manage both tactical and strategic goals for the Media Network Services Sales Initiative.
- Identify and qualify new customers and new opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders across the business to develop strong partnerships and leverage our customer impact.
- Understand market trends and rapidly align Intelsat's opportunities in the market, in order to substantially grow the future of our product and service suite.
- Provide guidance on Partnership expansion initiatives that would enhance Intelsat's position in the future market space.
- Lead a strategic sales approach that includes account planning, to meet revenue goals while increasing customer and partner satisfaction.
- Maximize profitable contract revenue over time and manage existing accounts to broaden and deepen the company's business base.
- Interface with customers to identify potential opportunities, understand requirements and develop effective responses to RFIs, RFPs and RFQs.
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer base.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key client decision-makers and prospect to develop new relationships with potential clients.
- Lead contract negotiations for critical accounts to ensure that contracts are financially sound, aligned with company objectives and deliver value-added service and support that meets customer requirements.
- Provide clear, concise, comprehensive and timely provision of Intelsat sales proposals, marketing literature as well as updated service and facility information to existing and potential customers in a proactive way.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Intelsat's services and new product offerings.
- Develop and implement a Sales and Revenue Plan, in order to meet or exceed the sales targets including current and future revenue goals.
- Provide detailed tracking and status information for each sales opportunity in SalesForce.com (or other similar tools).
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer.
- Document comprehensive knowledge of media product and sales services applicable to assigned customer base and prospective customers.
- Provide reports to Intelsat management on status of current activities and advise on customer-related issues, regional priorities, sales activities and opportunities.
- Assist Product Marketing with the development of collateral and training to be used by Sales and any other customer-facing organization.
- Submit Weekly Sales Reports and Weekly Schedules in a timely fashion to the regional Managing Director, Africa Sales.
- Travel, as required.
- University degree, required.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in sales, in the telecommunications, satellite communications or adjacent industry.
- Proven experience in selling high-revenue, complex sales to a wide range of customers from technical representatives to management level required.
- Demonstrated skill in making effective presentations required.
- Proven ability to support the full life-cycle of each sale, supporting each team from strategic planning to implementation/booking to relationship management over the life of the contract.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English required.
- Additional knowledge of a second language a plus
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.