Background Screening Unit Assistant
We are seeking a Background Screening Assistant that will be responsible for the coordination and processing of requests for Federal background investigations and Westat background screenings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Duties include reviewing and, in some cases, recommending an update of forms and instructions according to project specific requirements, creating records in the Security database and maintaining the up-to-date status of investigations.
Candidates will ensure receipt of and timely return of forms/documentation requested and, in some cases, coordinating appointments with sponsoring agencies Additional duties include:
· Coordinating initiation of e-QIP;
· Reviewing packet(s) for completeness and following up to obtain missing/incorrect documentation;
· Submitting requests and completed documentation according to the procedures and timelines peculiar to the sponsoring agency;
· Monitoring status of investigation/screening from submission to completion; coordinating with sponsoring agency reps as necessary;
· Providing assistance and direction in personnel security matters as part of Background Screening Unit
· A High School Diploma or GED is required to apply
· Candidates must be able to work at our Rockville/ Gaithersburg, Maryland offices
· Must be able to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm each week
· Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours/week
· Previous Westat experience
These assignments are temporary, hourly positions. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.