7 days left
- Full Time
Under minimal supervision, provides principal administrative support to the Director, Deputy Director, and Manager of Center Operations. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the Director. Performs a variety of both complex and routine administrative duties requiring extensive working knowledge of the organization, programs, practices and procedures related to the function of the office. Responsibilities include extensive use of office automation equipment and applications, including word processing, graphics, pdf conversions and spreadsheet programs. Also uses email, conference room scheduling and other internal automated systems; maintains databases.
Uses appropriate software for creating, storing, retrieving, formatting and integrating documents and other data in accordance with prescribed format and procedures; may require chart preparation and graphics; responsible for correct spelling and grammar; reviews all materials prepared for Director's approval for accuracy and format.
2. As instructed, maintains Director's calendar, coordinates travel arrangements and expenses for Director, coordinates appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms. Responds to routine requests for information concerning office procedures, determines which requests should be referred to the Director, other appropriate staff member, or other offices.
3. May prepare and sign routine, non-technical correspondence in own or Director's name. May scan and sort incoming mail and interoffice correspondence into priority categories; note items of interest based on current projects; may retrieve and attach background material before distributing.
4. Maintains recurring internal reports, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and other types of data as requested; establishes and maintains files as directed; follows up on pending matters to assure that schedules are met. Assists the Director in managing publications.
Utilizes spreadsheet, graphics or database software programs; also maintains databases. Operates standard office systems and equipment to include email, conference room scheduling and other internal automated systems, fax machines, copy machines and scanning equipment.
6. Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the Director for such activities as conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, and informs supervisor on matters to be considered.
7. Works with the Manager of Center Operations to assist in various operations staff functions including, but not limited to: planning and execution of professional and social events, travel and lodging requirements, timesheets, and contacting vendors.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors with 2 years minimum experience is preferred or an Associates degree with minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience, or high school diploma or equivalent with six or more years progressively responsible experience in word processing or administrative functions.
• Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary or sensitive information and to operate effectively under deadlines with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of various software packages to include word processing and spreadsheet, graphics, pdf conversions and database applications; experience with other automated systems e.g. Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint, calendaring, conference room scheduling systems and other internal automated systems.
• Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearance.
• Must be a US citizen.
• Valid Driver’s License