Marketing Director - Over The Counter Medicines (857-679)
The Marketing Director for OTC Medicines will be responsible for leading all marketing efforts for the OTC business by understanding the compendial process and significance of this subcategory in the Chemical Medicines portfolio. The director will be responsible for building this new business area for USP by shaping and translating the OTC strategy in order to build the business cases for new opportunities and amplify existing products. This will be done through data driven marketing plans based on market research; gathering customer insights; developing messaging that tie directly to a targeted marketing plan with the intention of driving through the customer journey to influence purchase. The director will be responsible for setting in place strategic imperatives and tactics to drive the success and sustainability of this business using the Chemical Medicines strategy as the basis. The director will need to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the customer development team and internal support functions (marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, market intelligence, legal, Finance and Accounting, etc.) to ensure maximum business impact and bring everyone along the journey. This role is directly responsible for tailoring programs to meet customer needs, sustainability of program, public health impact and advocacy of USP in this subcategory of Chemical Medicines. This role is currently an individual contributor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading the OTC business for USP
- Organizes, designs, and drives a comprehensive marketing plan for pharmacopeial product interest (new and existing).
- Develops and drives the goals, objectives, strategies and tactics for market penetration with a specific focus on product introduction.
- Recommends new products, systems and services to the Chemical Medicines Program Unit Team (PUT).
- Applies technical knowledge to marketing and selling solutions, and identifies new business opportunities
- Leads by influence and collaboration on designated project sub-teams
- Proactively identifies and monitors key market trends and actualize them into product offerings
- Devises metrics to gauge success on marketing efforts not only in terms of revenue, but in terms of maximizing public health impact.
- Works with cross-functional groups (e.g. R&D, marketing communications, market intelligence, and sales) to deliver results.
- Translates customer insights into tactical plans and executes against those plans.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or scientific field is required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience with a minimum of 5 years in product marketing or business management.
- Must have experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry, ideally with OTC Medicines.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Combined education in science and business highly desired.
- Prior experience in a scientific based industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, relational databases, data structure, data query, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to listen and gather customer/stakeholder insights and respond with creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player and a leader by influence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in translating marketing strategy to business planning and tactical plan development coupled with pull through.
- Bias to action and results driven with examples of successful outcomes.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Possess a technical understanding of the assigned product area and how customers use the products; can articulate customer needs.
- Ability to gain customer confidence and establish relationships; Strong empathy for customers
- Global mindset and ability to travel - up to 20%.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular