Senior Finance Manager, Public Funding
Reporting to the Sr. Director for Award (Grants & Contracts) Management Services (AMS) in the Finance Division, the Sr. Finance Manager for Public Funding will provide technical assistance on all aspects of post award project management. S/he will work closely with finance and program staff to ensure appropriate management, compliance and accurate financial reporting/invoicing for a range of public funded grants and contracts (USG, other governments and multilateral organizations). S/he will support the Sr. Director, AMS in managing and overseeing Conservation International’s (CI) annual Federal Uniform Guidance audit and other donor mandated project audits. S/he will advise program staff on compliance and financial matters to ensure adherence to award terms and conditions as well as organizational policies and procedures. He/she will identify training needs among operational and program staff, contribute to capacity building events and develop tools geared toward strengthening the capacity of programs to successfully manage publicly funded awards. S/he will also perform ad hoc duties as assigned by the Sr. Director, AMS.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and ensure compliance with award terms and conditions, guidelines and CI policies, including timely and accurate submission of financial reports/invoices and collection of receivables.
- Ensure accuracy of information entered in the ERP’s project management modules. In consultation with stakeholders, design reports to support project management and streamline donor reporting/invoicing.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of costing methodologies and techniques to ensure equitable, systematized, efficient and compliant allocation of costs to multiple cost objectives.
- Support the Sr. Director, AMS in managing and overseeing CI’s annual Federal Uniform Guidance audit and other donor mandated project audits.
- Train program operations staff in award management policies and procedures; develop trainings as needs are identified. Monitor to ensure systems are followed and awards are managed in an effective and efficient manner.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA Ability to work with a wide variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds Ability to travel to country program offices as required (approx. 2-3 times per year)
- Flexible work attitude working in a team environment or independently and ability to meet unexpected demands
Four year college degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
5-7 years of experience in international accounting/finance
Prior experience with US Government, non-US government and multilateral funding
Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures across all levels of the organization
Ability to work with minimal direction and commitment to teamwork
Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
Capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Excellent computer skills using ERP-systems and Excel
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French
To apply for this position, please include resume and cover letter.