Legal Learning Manager
The Legal Learning Manager will be a member of the Hogan Lovells Americas People Development Team (PD). He/she will be primarily responsible for supporting practice group and practice area (specific-areas of practice groups) the Americas and coordination outside the Americas as needed.
This position can be located in Louisville, KY or Washington, D.C.
- Work with People team and practice area training partners to identify key topics by practice and build or update existing learning path curriculum by practice and level. Respond to practice requests for specific training topics.
- Based on the identified practice-specific learning paths, work with in-house subject matter experts (such as Practice Area Leaders, Training Committee Lawyers, and Practice Support Lawyers) to build practice-specific training programs to complement the existing firm-wide programs.
- Work with appropriate subject matter experts to develop content and scripts for practice-specific e-learning programs housed on the firm’s Learning Managing system (LMS). Determine which practice-specific live programs should be converted into e-learning programs and oversee that conversion process. Coordinate with outside vendors on the conversion and work with LMS manager to post online. Conduct quality review of online programs before posting.
- Support the delivery of firm-wide videoconference learning programs including coordinating with point people in each office and ensuring invitations and CLE requirements are met using the online tools (CE Manager and Cornerstone Learning Management System).
- Respond to requests to include an International remote audience to US sponsored programs. This includes training requests from Asia and Pacific, Continental Europe and the UK.
- Support CLE needs of US licensed lawyers working in International offices.
- All members of the firm are expected to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- Perform other duties as and when requested.
- A minimum of five (5)+ years of relevant experience with law firm professional development required.
- JD and relevant law firm experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and effectively prioritize tasks.
Core Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm (EST). Must be flexible to work additional
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed
from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.