Administrative Assistant-Operations Department (Springfield, VA)
Capitol Boiler Works, Inc
Founded in 1936, Capitol Boiler Works, Inc. provides a wide range of commercial HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and heating services. We are growing rapidly with offices in Springfield, Richmond, Baltimore, and Eastern Shore. Capitol Boiler Works, Inc. is looking for an energetic, positive, team player who possesses great communication skills for an administrative position working directly for the VP of Projects. Our ideal candidate will have a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Outlook and Excel. If you are a quick learner who enjoys working in a growing, fast paced environment, we would like to talk to you!
DISPATCH BACKGROUND is a Plus
TMS experience is a HUGE Plus!
Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to management. Types and assembles letters, memos, and reports. Answers questions and directs telephone calls and visitors. Prepares documents. Assembles and maintains statistical data. Performs and coordinates specific projects and programs as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing forms and reports, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Managing sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Receives and routes telephone calls on a multi-line telephone system. Relays messages to staff as needed.
- Schedules appointments.
- Types and assembles a variety of documents including memos, letters, and reports.
- Files correspondences, memos, records, and reports. Maintains files.
- Assembles, tabulates, calculates, and maintains reporting and statistical data on a regular and special basis.
- Prepares documents and reports.
- Assembles internal reports for scheduling purposes.
- Resolves or appropriately refers questions, requests, complaints, and problems.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the Company.
- Assists other administrative assistants and personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Keeps up with current issues and matters in the organization related to Operations department.
- Attend professional development and training required by the company, and actively seek opportunities to increase knowledge, experience and skills held.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical and administrative tasks.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis on Outlook and Excel.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two to three years of office experience.