President of Life Care
7 days left
- Full Time
Sentara Healthcare is seeking a President of Life Care, Our Long Term Care Division, to be based in Norfolk, VA.
The President of Life Care functions as the top executive responsible for establishing and achieving the organization's short and long term objectives for the overall viability of the division. This position provides overall leadership for all campus's and ensures quality patient care/service within the fiscal/philosophical guidelines of the organization. The president is also responsible for determining strategic direction and guiding all functions necessary for current and continuing effectiveness.
- Serves as the Divisional leader for Post-Acute Skilled (259 Beds), Assisted Living (100 Residents), PACE (267 participants), and all associated support structures. Manages gross revenues of $126 million and leads 1,017FTE's annually.
- Develops Strategic planning which includes replacement and modification of current facilities and programs as well as the development of new/expanded programs, facilities, and geographies. This includes the expansion/relocation of existing services and planning for new services.
- Provides strategic, operational, clinical quality, medical, and financial outcomes, regulatory and growth to the Life Care division encompassing the following:
- 5 freestanding SNF facilities in Hampton roads and
- 1 freestanding SNF facility in Barco, NC. (807 beds)Sentara Rehabilitation and Care Residence in Chesapeake - innovative “household” model of care (one of the few in Virginia). 4 separate households that accommodate 20 residents each.
- 2 ALF facilities in Hampton Roads (182 beds)
- 2 PACE programs in Hampton Roads (267 Participants)
- 1 Long Term Care Pharmacy
- 3 Short Term Rehab “centers of excellence” within the SNF's for
- Orthopedics and fracture rehab
- Cardiac Rehab
- Serves as a “content expert” to the system on post-acute care. Active in the community and an advocate for Sentara and the residents it serves in Hampton Roads region.
- Enables Innovation to advance design and technology in senior living environment.
Master's Level Degree
• 10 years of experience in Senior Healthcare Leadership role. Long Term Care Experience preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of making improvements in previous organizations.
• Demonstrated experience in program and business development, change management skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, staff, direct and evaluate healthcare and management activities of division. Must be familiar with all phases of Life Care activities.
• Solid Knowledge of healthcare and proven experience in leading as part of a large health system either as Director/VP/President.
• Experience in a competitive environment.
• Appropriate blend of operating skills.
• Record of healthcare focused community/regional involvement and participation at the board level in key community/regional organizations as well as involvement in trade associations
Preferred: Nursing Home Administrator license or must be willing to get within the first two years post hire.
• Agility and broad vision: Ability to perform well as part of an integrated delivery network.
• Agile to work within a large health system with matrixed accountabilities and relationships.
• Executive presence and skilled at communicating with all levels of the organization.
• Strong Accountability for success in all parts of the organization.
• Strong Communication and team building skills for deployment in all locations.
• Leadership Development to ensure divisional/system goal prioritization and engagement.
Measures of Success
- Clinical Quality and Safety
- Achieving targets as set out in the 5 star CMS rating, as defined by key metrics)
- Regulatory survey outcomes and readiness
- Strong employee leadership:
- Staff turnover rate lower than industry standards
- MOT (Employee satisfaction scores)
- Patient/ Resident satisfaction scores
- Financial performance
- Meets and exceeds budget
- Low denial rate on claims reviewed due to completeness
- Capital budget used wisely and projects are within budget.
- Community Involvement: Active in trade association and in the community in organizations which relate to Long Term Care, PACE and assisted living.