Lead Technician, Help Desk
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may ha ve limited supervisory responsibilities
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Duties include repairing computers, printers, digital senders, etc. Performing STIGs & IAVA implementation for these devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc. Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis providing guidance and procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, local procedures, etc. as required to ensure mission success. Candidate will also performer Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
* Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* Position requires Security+ ce baseline certification and a Computer Environment Server 2012 certification.
* If candidate has a A+ ce, Server+ ce, and/or Network+ ce qualifying them for IAT Level I then they would be allowed 45 days to obtain the required IAT Level II certification.
* Accepted IAT Level II Certifications are:
* 410 - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
* 411 - Administering Windows Server 2012
* 412 - Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
* 5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.