Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
This position will focus on providing developer level support to existing .NET systems as well as assisting with system planning, analysis and development efforts on new projects.
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, the applicant must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner. The applicant must also be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Not Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience building applications and services while working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with .NET (Visual Studio), SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with VB or C# (.NET) building custom components or applications using ASP.NET Web Forms/MVC, Web APIs and/or Windows Services/Applications.
- A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future and ongoing development efforts.
- Cloud Services (ex. Azure and AWS).
- Search Engine development and implementation using Elastic search, SOLR and/or Microsoft Search Services.
- Unit test automation as well as load/performance testing for websites and services.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.