Nurse Specialist (Obstetric/Neonatal)
5 days left
- Full Time
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position: This position is located within the Directorate of Nursing, Maternal Child Department, Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit, at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. Work is performed in an inpatient hospital setting where exposure to bodily fluids is possible. Protective clothing and gear will be required. The L&D Unit provides a wide spectrum of obstetrical and labor care by obstetrical and gynecological specialty physicians, certified nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, obstetrical registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and administrative staff. The Unit is committed to providing comprehensive family-centered care to all beneficiaries and their families. You can expect to perform a variety of RN duties to include, but not limited to, assessing and managing the patients' physical condition and progress through the labor and delivery process. You will also be expected to assess fetal well-being by electronic fetal monitoring and other standard parameters. The selectee will also act as the patient advocate and collaborate with fellow members of the L&D care team. The candidate will also provide education and support to the patients and their family members.
Who May Apply:
All US Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States.
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is
in this document.
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program
approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the
program was completed by the applicant. (NOTE: You must provide a copy of
your transcripts as part of your application package in order to be considered
for this position.)
Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. No person appointed pending registration may be retained beyond 6 months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained. (NOTE: You must provide a copy of your registration as part of your application package in order to be considered for this position.)
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience includes experience such as: evaluating Labor & Delivery patients, administering care, recognizing complications, and coordinating with other members of the Labor & Delivery care team.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (T3) security clearance.
· This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
· This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons.
· This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical examination.
· This position is covered by the Department of Defense Civilian Employee Drug-Free Workplace Program as a testing designated position (TDP).
· This position requires the incumbent to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
· This position may require the incumbent to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends, holidays, or on an "on call" basis, necessary to meet mission requirements.
· This position has been designated as Mission Essential and the incumbent must assume essential personnel status during inclement weather/emergencies.
· This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.