Construction Engineering Supervisor
General Job Summary:
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or task(s).
At this level, the position is typically responsible for supervising up to 15 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt - working on a single project or task. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned task/project may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s), including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned task(s).
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required
12. Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline to include mechanical, electrical or civil.
13. Licensed Professional Engineer in any US state, or the equivalent, or certified Project Management Professional degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or building science.
14. PE certification or PMP required.
15. 5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
16. Possess good communication and management skills
17. Capable of developing cross discipline cost estimates
18. Preferably has worked in US and Kuwaiti Military camps in Kuwait
19. Previous experience working with MEW, MPW and MEP and other Kuwaiti ministires
20. Fluent in English and should speak, read and write functional Arabic (required)
21. Must be able to maintain a Kuwaiti transferable residency and Kuwait driving license
22. Must be willing to reside in Kuwait in order to obtain J-2 badge for all Kuwaiti Base
23. DoD Secret clearance required. U.S. Citizenship Required.