Summer 2017 DC Advocacy & Communications Internship
At Malaria No More, we envision a world where no child dies from a mosquito bite. We use our innovative partnerships and focused advocacy to elevate malaria on the global health agenda, create political will and mobilize the global resources required to achieve malaria eradication within a generation.
MNM's internship program offers full-time and part-time internships for 3 to 6 months at our office in Washington, DC. We welcome student interns, particularly those with an interest in public health or international development. Our internship is unpaid. We are currently recruiting for Summer 2017.
An internship with MNM will give the intern a chance to work in a small, influential advocacy organization.
This position will be based in: Washington, D.C.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What type of work will you do as an intern?
- Compile research and write various Communications documents/briefs/projects, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Assist with the development of PowerPoint presentations and support other admin tasks
- Attend DC-based events/seminars on behalf of organization
- Provide support in preparation of conference calls, meetings, etc., including drafting meeting minutes
- Other duties as assigned
Are you eligible for an MNM internship?
To qualify for an MNM internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Working towards or hold a university degree (undergraduate, Master's or PhD)
- Fluent in English
- Interested in global health/ international development issues
- Willing to think strategically, express ideas clearly both orally and in writing, and work independently and as part of a team